Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Big 4-0 Bucket List

Dear sweet readers, I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while.  Work, school, kids, blah, blah, blah, right?  I'm still trying to figure out how those other bloggers do it all!

Anyway, let me explain today's header.  I have a birthday coming up in December.  This will be number 39 for me.  Now, I'm not the kind of gal that is afraid of getting older.  The way I see it, my life as a 30-something was soooo much better than my life as a 20-something.  And since I seem to be trending up, I say bring on the 40s!

Everyone gets older.  It's a fact of life.  Embrace it.  It's coming regardless (God willing!).

I have gray hair.  And I seem to be getting more everyday!  But you know what?  Everyone gets gray hair.  That's what happens when you get older.  I don't try and cover it up with hair color.  It is what it is and I'm not ashamed.  Why would I spend money trying to cover up what most women of my age have?  I'd rather spend my money going out to eat dinner (I do love a nice dinner)!  I'm rocking this gray, baby!

And guess what else?  I've got stretch marks, too.  But that's kinda like getting gray hair.  If you've had babies, chances are you've got stretch marks.  They're my battle scars and I love them.  I've earned those bad boys!

Okay, I'm stepping off my soap box now and getting back on the subject.

So this bucket list of things to do by the time I turn 40 isn't one of those "dreadful" things but more of a "marking a milestone" kind of things.  When I decided to do this, I had a hard time coming up with stuff.  I guess means I'm doing everything I want to do already!

I still have about a month before my birthday, but here's what I've come up with so far:
  1. Knit my husband a cable knit sweater. (He's been asking for one of these ever since I learned how to knit a couple years ago.  This is the year!)
  2. Sew myself one article of clothing I will actually wear out of the house! (I took one semester of sewing in Home Ec in high school and made a jumper that was awful.  I haven't really sewn much since so this may take the entire year!)
  3. Be completely self employed.  (I currently only work part time but would love to make my blog and my etsy shop my full time job, which means replacing my salary with etsy sales!
Not much yet.  I'm trying to keep it on the "cheap".  No big, fancy trips or skydiving here.  Just some things that I feel will enrich my life or give me a sense of accomplishment.  Anybody else done this before?  What did you do?


No comments:

Post a Comment